Japanese Simmered Pork Roast
– 3 lb Pork shoulder roast
– 1 tbs Cooking oil
– 1 3/4 cup Water
– 6 x Green onions, cut in 1″ pieces
– 3/4 cup Sake or dry white wine
– 1/3 cup Light soy sauce
– 3 tbs Grated ginger root
– Hot cooked rice
– Trim excess fat from pork. Pour cooking oil into a wok or large skillet.
– Preheat over medium-high heat. Quickly brown the meat on all sides in the hot oil. Add the water, onion, sake, soy and ginger. Bring to boiling.
– Reduce heat. Simmer, covered until the meat is tender (may be around 2 1/4 hours). Strain the juices and skim off fat. Serve juices with sliced meat over hot cooked rice.
– Shogun St Louis, Shogun Alton, Shogun South County, Shogun Fairview Heights
– Shogun restaurant St Louis – Shogun steakhouse – Shogun grill – Shogun hours – Shogun near me – Shogun prices – Shogun buffet St Louis – Seafood restaurant St Louis – Shogun steak St Louis – Shogun House St Louis